Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pick 12

Each month I plan to tackle a different aspect of my life that leads to happiness.

So, how do I choose??

Gretchen says that one of the most important elements to happiness is your social circle
.:. I spend most of my time either at school, at work, or with my friends and boyfriend.

1) Boyfriend

2) Friends/Roommates

3) Coworkers

She also says that happiness relies on a person's perspective
.:. I focus on my future and my attitude

4) Future/goals/aspirations

5) Attitude and outlook

Lastly, she states that happiness is reliant on not only work but play and leisure
.:. I spend majority of my time at work, in school, and playtime (weekend fun!! :) )

6) Working and jobs

7) College

8) Playtime

There also is a few odds and ends that aren't met in those groups she adds in 2 topics that I agree with 100%

9) Money

10) Energy and motivation

There is one I thought about on my own which is a big issue for me. I seem very uptight sometimes so I guess I just really need to relax and live a little so...

11) Lighten Up

I plan on tackling one topic each month. I have 11 so far, and I'm going to take what Gretchen did and use my last month for my reflection month. I'm going to try and follow all of my resolutions and see how my project turned out.

Gretchen also came up with "Ten Commandments" so here are mine.
These commandments will be used when I'm on edge about keeping my resolutions and sticking with them. Just a few words of guidance...

1---Be true
2---Breathe
3---Finish what you start
4---See both sides
5---Lighten up
6---Enjoy the journey
7---Time doesn't matter
8---If you fail, keep trying
9---Solve the root of the problem
10---Use help

As it seems like I'm talking about Gretchen a lot, it's because I am. She is my inspiration for this project and many of her lines are BRILLIANT and I would love to share with you guys.

She also came up with her own secrets to adulthood.
.:. I'll share my favorite!
---People don't notice your mistakes as much as you think
---It's okay to ask for help
---Do good feel good
---By doing a little each day, you can get a lot accomplished
---Can't find something? Clean up
---You don't have to be good at everything
---If you don't fail, you're not trying hard enough

And a few FUNNY ones :)
---Bring a sweater
---Soap and water remove most stains
---Over the counter medicines are just as effective
---People actually prefer that you buy wedding gifts from their registry

Before I end this LONG blog post, I want to note that doing a happiness project doesn't mean you're unhappy, for me, it simply means that I have a really good life but I want to appreciate it more and live it to it's fullest. And that is what I intend to do.

ALMOST finished. Gretchen questions whether or not focusing all this time on your own happiness is being self-centered. Do I think so? Absolutely not. Studies show that happy people are more optimistic, productive, helpful, likable, healthier, and so on. So in reality, focusing on ourselves is helping everyone else out too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment