Friday, June 7, 2013

Definition of 'Happy'

As Gretchen writes, she says that people have told her that the happiness project reveals more about the her than she realizes, which in my case I have found to be true. They say that people teach what they need to learn. And for me being the 'happiness teacher' I too, am yearning to find a method to yield my barriers and limitations. I guess as I write to anyone who is reading I have to make something of myself and really put myself out there. But, I don't have all the answers. My happiness project is to work out the kinks in my flaws so I can learn to handle myself more effectively as well as inspire others with the traits I carry that I am proud to have.

I need to answer one question before starting this long journey of happiness.
--Is it humanly possible to make myself happier than I already am?
.:. Of course I can.
--Gretchen points out that the determination of a person's happiness is influenced by genetics, life circumstances, age, gender, ethnicity, marital status, income, health, occupation, and religious affiliation. She says that people have an inborn disposition of certain characteristics, but people can boost their happiness, or sink down to make themselves unhappy.
--However the other percentage is how a person thinks and acts (DING DING!!) This is the part we CAN change (easier, at least)

The next question we have to ask ourselves is what is happiness?
--When people think of the word 'happy' are they thinking of a state of being, a goal, or something else? We are all trying to hard to be genuinely happy but what is it?
--Louis Armstrong said, "If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know."
.:. That quote is how I feel about happiness. It's hard to pinpoint what the true definition of happiness is, especially if it feels one way to someone, but is interpreted differently by another.

So, in my conclusion, each person interprets happiness differently. We each know when we feel happy and can pinpoint what makes us happy. And with truly knowing, that will suffice.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Cass! I completely agree, happiness means something different to everyone.

    On a different note, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for the details! xoxo

    http://www.twentyapolis.com/2013/06/liebster-ladies.html

    ReplyDelete